Friday, February 6, 2009

Solo and Ensemble

Today (Friday) I have a nerve racking assignment for band. I have to go to a city about 30 or 40 minutes away. I'm going to the High School that is there and I am going to go into a room with my flute, my self, and my band music. There will be a judge and a piano player in the room. I will give the judge an original copy of my music and then I will tune with the pianist. After that I will play a song on my flute for the judge and have him tell me if I was really good, absolutely terrible, or OK. Then I will walk out of the room and finally be OK again. I just hope that my nerves don't get the best of my playing. I am playing at 8:50 p.m. so I have to have my nervousness welling up inside of me all day until I can finally play. Once I'm done playing for the judge I am never looking at the song I'm playing ever again. Wish me luck!
Penguinperson

2 comments:

julia said...

I wish you luck. Actually, I wish you luck for next time that you do it because that whole rigamarole was yesterday. :)

rockergirl789 said...

i am doing that too!! We have it every year at my school and i am singing and playing clarinet infront of a judge. good luck